It is not uncommon that... ......并不罕见
Put one’s heart to... 集中精力做......
To name just a few：如此等等；诸如此类
Set limits on... 给......设限
Obsession (with) 沉迷（于......）
1. First, today the students are surrounded by so many distractions that they gradually find that learning is too boring and uninteresting.
2. While students two decades ago had nearly no choice but sit in the classroom and read books, students today have easy and fast access to the Internet, on which they can do almost all things.
3. So, having been used to this kind of “easy”online life, many young people simply cannot put their heart into the more serious and consuming school work.
4. Influenced by business stars like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs who achieved great success in their career without a college degree, many young people now begin to believe that one’s success does not have much to do with the education s/he receives.
5. Besides, young people should be made to understand that life is not just about making money, but about having rich and colorful experience and education is the best gateway to that rewarding life.